Friday, March 5, 2010

No hidden agenda and no ulterior motive...

So if you haven't noticed...I like quotes.  Some speak to me, some don't...this one did:

While the Lord calls me to be wise and discerning, he reminds me often that his discernment cannot dwell in a cynical distrustful heart. With Him, there is no hidden agenda and no ulterior motive. His gifts are free for the taking but I cannot take these gifts if my hands are already full of my own weapons of self- protection. Therefore, He asks me to lay down the shields that I have forged for protection and to pick up the shield of faith in their place. He asks me to take Him at His Word.

-Katherine Walden

Ah, the good old issue of trust.  Not my strong suit.  Never has been.  Cynical, yup, that's me.  Something to think about.  Self-protection was a coping mechanism of mine for so long, it's really uncomfortable to trust, to let the shield down...after almost 7 years of marriage, I still struggle with it.  Good things to think about.  I am never content with the person I am, lots of growth to be accomplished, and lots more to learn about becoming who I want to be, ever evolving into someone better than the last year.  That's all I can strive for.  Mold me, God and make me maleable, that's my simple prayer today.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, may your day be blessed!