Sunday, April 18, 2010

God's Ear

Have you ever told someone that you would pray for them, and then forgotten to pray?  I have, and it makes me feel terrible.  I know a few weeks ago there were like 5 people I had told I would pray for them, and then I forgot, who and what, so I just prayed for God to remember all I had told I would pray, and please remember their specific needs.  He is so much bigger than my brain, sometimes I forget that. We all get the church emails for prayer, and I try to pray right there in front of the computer before I forget, otherwise they might not get prayer from me! 

We can do nothing, we say sometimes, 'we can only pray'. That, we feel, is a terribly precarious second-best. So long as we can fuss and work and rush about, so long as we can lend a hand, we have some hope; but if we have to fall back upon God... ah, then things must be critical indeed!

--Arthur John (A. J.) Gossip

Right now, I could use prayer for my immediate family, David, myself and the kids. --Real, meaningful intense prayer.  We are ok; noone is sick, things are fine, my family just needs some unified prayer from some of the amazing prayer warriors I know, I am asking specifically for Maya and Noah.  I love my sweet family unconditionally, just as God loves us.  I am not asking for prayer as a last resort, I am asking as the first.  I am so blessed to have a church family I can ask for prayer, and friends that I know will follow through.  Thank you in advance for your prayers, God moves through you!

The more praying there is in the world, the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil everywhere. Prayer, in one phase of its operation, is a disinfectant and a preventive. It purifies the air; it destroys the contagion of evil. Prayer is no fitful, short-lived thing. It is no voice crying unheard and unheeded in the silence. It is a voice which goes into God's ear, and it lives as long as God's ear is open to holy pleas, as long as God's heart is alive to holy things. God shapes the world by prayer. Prayers are deathless. The lips that uttered them may be closed to death, the heart that felt them may have ceased to beat, but the prayers live before God, and God's heart is set on them and prayers outlive the lives of those who uttered them; they outlive a generation, outlive an age, outlive a world. That man is the most immortal who has done the most and the best praying. They are God heroes, God's saints and God's servants. A man can pray better because of the prayers of the past; a man can live holier because of the prayers of the past; the man of many and acceptable prayers has done the truest and greatest service to the incoming generation. Prayers strengthen the unborn generation against the desolating waves of sin and evil.

--Edward McKendree (E. M.) Bounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, may your day be blessed!