Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This-n-That

I have been busy with this and that, last week I got out all my flowers, that always makes my heart sing.  I was also preparing for our Mother-Daughter Relay for life benefit at Church, which went so well!  We made $1600!
  Today I planted some Calla Lillies over by my office doors that my Secret Sister at church got me for Mother's Day.  They are purple and so pretty!!  It's humid today, which is welcome compared to the cold weather we have had lately, I was afraid one night we were going to have a frost that would kill my newly planted little jewels! 
The treadmill and I have a real love/hate relationship right now.  Grrr.  I am down 14 pounds; I am grateful and feeling good...a zillion more to go! *sigh*
  Tatoes is recovering like a champ from her little surgery.  The kids are jazzed only a few more days of school and David and I are full swing into the busy wedding season.  David painted our downstairs bedroom this week. We actually have a full fledged guest room now for when his mom comes!  It's also my scapbooking/craft room, its so nice to have room to spread out!  I am having fun decorating it and getting it all ready, I am going for the 'shabby chic' thing in there...I will post pics as it comes along.  
Lastly, I leave you with this tidbit...friends are the coolest, be a positive, encouraging friend to someone today.

I love that word "encourage" – when you do it, you literally put "courage in" to that person. Someone who may be more battered than you know, closer to going down or giving up than you could imagine. You never know when your encouragement might literally be the difference in that person's life. When you're bruised and hurting, it's that person in your corner who can get you back in the ring for another round.

--Ron Hutchcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, may your day be blessed!